Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pictures


We went to the local temple (for a local goddess) and were assaulted by women who wanted their pictures taken. They dragged me into a picture. Although they aren't women we surveyed, they are a good representation of who I talk to everyday. Some of the friendliest and most hospitable people I've met. For those who know, these women are from the Gujjar caste, which has been causing lots of trouble here. Where I stayed for the night during my second village visit. This was the whole house, as well as where we ate dinner and slept, under the stars. One of the kids snuck into the picture of the wife and mother-in-law of the family cooking in the background. This family was completely amazing, so incredibly helpful in taking us around to women to survey.
I had to include this picture. It is after a night stay in a village. Where both of us are completely tired, nasty, not showered but very much content with life. Its also us with scarves over our heads, not for formalities sake but more because of the heat.

No comments: